Chamberlayne Heights History

Chamberlayne Methodist Church began with Vacation Bible School in the summer of 1951. Following this event, a number of families in the community continued to come together with the desire and intention to serve God and the Chamberlayne Farms community.

Barton Heights Methodist Church began meeting in the community center in the Barton Heights Community in 1892. The Methodists of Barton Heights were known for their spirituality and commitment to Christian Education.

 

 In 1978, Barton Heights merged with Chamberlayne to form what is now called Chamberlayne Heights United Methodist Church. In 2018, we are celebrating 40 years of living faith together.

Over the years our church has played a vital role in the community – providing opportunities for worship, fellowship, nurturing, mission, and outreach. We have covenant relationships with Chamberlayne Elementary School, RARC, the LAMB's Basket and a variety of United Methodist mission teams both at home and abroad.   We continue to commit ourselves and seek to strengthen our faith through our participation in the church community, and in service to the world.